Here are some interesting factoids from last week’s game at Cal:
- Seven true freshman have seen the field so for in 2012, DT Alex Balducci became the eighth true freshman to play this season with his debut at Cal.
- Marcus Mariota amassed 819 yards of total offense against USC, and Cal.
- Josh Huff, Colt Lyerla, Marcus Mariota, and De’Anthony Thomas were all nominated for some sort of award for their performances last week at Cal.
- Oregon has won nine of the last ten meetings with Stanford, with the last loss coming in 2009, when Andrew Luck and Toby Gerhart roamed the sidelines in Palo Alto.
- Five freshman are listed on Oregon’s two-deep on defense.
- Oregon has a 5-1 record when hosting College GameDay in Eugene. In 2010, the Stanford-Oregon matchup was featured for the pregame show, and Oregon emerged victorious 52-31. Stanford did not lose again until Oregon beat them again in 2011.
- Chip Kelly is 26-1 in Autzen Stadium, and has never lost after leading at halftime.
I will be sending emails with links to recent articles in the near future so you don’t miss any juicy ones. We will have articles between Monday and Thursday every week, so if you sign up for the “FishLetter” with your email–no spammer will have it. (Promise)
Or send it by email to: email@example.com and I’ll put you on the list. We begin them soon.
(I will also put my thoughts in these emails/newsletters that cannot be publicly published throughout the football season as well. (Mr. FishDuck)