No question, the best game for NFL Ducks was the Thursday night matchup in which the Browns (3-2) defeated the Bills (2-3), 37-24. Former Oregon players factored heavily into the outcome for both teams.
Safety TJ Ward had a pick-6 to go along with 5 tackles for the Browns, while Kiko Alonso played like a man possessed and annihilated everything in his path for the Bills.
Kiko led all players with 12 tackles, injured the Browns starting QB and made several huge hits. Alonso has been on an absolute tear and was named as the NFL’s Defensive Rookie of the month for September after compiling 44 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 4 TFL, 4 passes defended, and an NFL-leading 4 interceptions.
The 2nd-round draft pick has immediately become a fan favorite in Buffalo. If you haven’t seen what the fans are posting online, you are really missing some hilarious stuff.
Bills fans have coined the twitter “hashtag” #TheLegendofKikoAlonso and begun an account (@TheLegendofKiko) where fans post the type of jokes usually reserved for Chuck Norris.
No idea what I’m talking about? Here are a few examples:
- “@RandomlyRufus: Kiko doesn’t call the wrong number. You answer the wrong phone. #TheLegendOfKikoAlonso “
- “@TobyMotyka: When the Bills win the Super Bowl, they won’t go to the White House. The president will come to Kiko’s house. #TheLegendOfKikoAlonso”
- “@rpulvino: Kiko Alonso brews his own beer from the tears of his opponents .#TheLegendOfKikoAlonso”
- “@_haternation: Kiko Alonso invented giraffes by uppercutting a horse. #TheLegendOfKikoAlonso”
Let’s take a look at how the other NFL Ducks fared last week:
OREGON DUCKS ON NFL ROSTERS (as of Sept. 27)
Atlanta Falcons - Drew Davis, WR (No stats)
Arizona Cardinals - Kenny Rowe, (PS) OLB
Baltimore Ravens - Ed Dickson, TE (2 Rec 12 yards); Haloti Ngata, DT (4 tackles)
Buffalo Bills - Kiko Alonso, LB (12 tackles, 1 TFL); Mark Asper, (PS) OL; Jairus Byrd, S (Did not play)
Carolina Panthers (BYE) - Kenjon Barner, RB; Brandon Williams, TE; Jonathan Stewart, (PUP) RB
Chicago Bears - Kyle Long, OG (Started); Dante Rosario, TE (1 tackle)
Cleveland Browns - T.J. Ward, S (5 tackles, 1 int, 1 TD)
Dallas Cowboys - Darrion Weems, OT (Played)
Houston Texans - Eddie Pleasant, S (1 Tackle)
Kansas City Chiefs - Geoff Schwartz, OG (Started)
Miami Dolphins - Dion Jordan, DE (1 tackle); Josh Kaddu, LB (No stats)
New England Patriots - LeGarrette Blount, RB (9 carries, 64 yards, 1 TD)
New York Giants - Spencer Paysinger, LB (7 tackles, 1 sack, 1 QB hit, 1 Fumble Rec)
- Philadelphia Eagles - Patrick Chung, S (No stats); Brandon Bair, (PS) DE; Jeff Maehl, WR (2 Rec, 43 yards, 1 TD); Casey Matthews, LB (No stats); Will Murphy (PS)
Pittsburgh Steelers - David Paulson, TE (No stats)
San Francisco 49ers - LaMichael James, RB 3 carries, 0 yards; Adam Snyder, OG (Started)
Seattle Seahawks - Max Unger, C (Started); Walter Thurmond III, CB (2 tackles)
St. Louis Rams - Kellen Clemens, QB (Did not play)
PS – Practice Squad • RES – Injured Reserve • PUP – Active/Physically Unable to Perform
*Watch for a joint OREGON/EAGLE Video Analysis next Tuesday! For the bye week we have three analysts who are helping me look at the similarities and differences of the Oregon offense and the Philadelphia Offense. This will be fun!
*Want some College Football humor? Check out FishDuck.com’s GIF Collection! (Click here) Pass it along!
*If you would like to join the other 80+ volunteers at FishDuck.com, and have five hours a week to donate . . . we have slots open for volunteer Editors, Writers, Analysts, Photo Archivists and Social Media Associates. Can you help us manage people? Consider our volunteer Sales Manager and HR Manager positions and give some time each week to help young associates learn! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.----------------------------------------
* Want to learn about our Mens Basketball team? Read the Basketball recaps the next day after a game and get THE BEST recap on the Web by Dean Davis. Learn a little analysis as to WHY the game played out as it did! We will also be offering Fish Report analysis in Mens Basketball by Lawrence Hastings after the Bowl game to continue our tradition/enjoyment of learning!
* Do you know Baseball? We posted some interesting Oregon Baseball Analysis by a student last year, but anyone who coached or played the sport can step in. I help you learn how to create them, and then readers of the Diamond Ducks will learn from you! E-Mail me email@example.com
* Retired or Current Football Coaches--be on FishDuck.com! The readers and I have learned so much from expertise offered, and we would love to talk with you about how you can help us all continue to learn at FishDuck.com through an analysis from you once in awhile. E-Mail me firstname.lastname@example.org