10: The number of consecutive games Marcus Mariota recorded a throwing and rushing touchdown in the same game, dating back to November 11th, 2012, when Stanford defeated the Ducks. This past Saturday ended his impressive feat, as he was not able to rush for a touchdown.
4: The number of Oregon players who are in the top 6 in the Pac-12 in yards per rush attempt. Marcus Mariota leads the Pac-12 with an average of 9.1 yards followed by De’Anthony Thomas (7.1) and rounding out the top 6 are Byron Marshall (6.8) and Thomas Tyner (6.4)
64: The number of passing yards Brett Hundley had against the Ducks’ defense. Prior to this game, Hundley’s lowest passing yard game was 192 yards, against Stanford.
24: The number of second-half points the Ducks’ defense has surrendered this year. Those who are perennially known as being a second half team back it up with this number, and locking down teams in the second half.
From these numbers we can deduce certain takeaways: Marcus Mariota has been playing freakishly well and has yet to throw an interception, in 2013; with so much attention on the Ducks high-flying offense, the defensive unit seems to get lost in all the hype; the Ducks can run the ball with an array of talented running backs who can break a game wide open.
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.