The once-lucky Ducks got a couple of dominoes to fall just right, but then reality stepped in with a BCS busting of their January 1 dreams Saturday night.
Michigan State upset Ohio State in the Big 10 Championship, a result that probably shuts Oregon out of the BCS bowls.
Steering toward a rematch: the last time Oregon met Texas, the Ducks castrated the Longhorns 35-30, behind a four-touchdown night by Joey Harrington in the 2000 Holiday Bowl. The two teams are likely to square off again in the Alamo Bowl December 30th, as the Ducks didn’t do enough to earn a BCS bid, faltering in November (AP photo, CNNsi.com).
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.