EUGENE, Ore. – Sophomores Garrett Cleavinger (above) and Cole Irvin have been named to Louisville Slugger’s Preseason All-America Third Team Collegiate Baseball Newspaper announced today.
Cleavinger (Baldwin City, Kan./Lawrence HS) finished last season with a 9-0 record, two saves and a 1.24 ERA in 37 appearances out of the bullpen for the Ducks. He allowed just 20 hits in 43.2 innings while striking out 57 and walking 24. The lefty matched a school record for lowest opponent batting average (.137), while finishing second all-time in single-season appearances and third in single-season wins. He was dominant in Pac-12 Conference play with a 4-0 record and a 1.77 ERA, while allowing just eight hits and striking out 24 in 20.1 innings. Cleavinger also put together a strong Eugene Regional Tournament allowing no runs in 5.1 innings pitched in three appearances. He struck out seven and walked one in the tournament.
Irvin (Yorba Linda, Calif./Servite HS) set an Oregon record as a freshman finishing with 12 wins while earning honorable mention all-conference recognition. He finished with a 12-3 record and a 2.48 ERA with four complete games. The left-hander finished second in program history in innings pitched (116.0) while also ranking in a tie for third all-time in starts (16). He was 7-3 with a 2.88 ERA in Pac-12 games with two complete games. Irvin was named the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week twice as well as the National Collegiate Baseball Writers of America (NCBWA) National Player of the Week once. He earned a spot on the Eugene Regional All-Tournament Team after throwing a complete game where he allowed just one run on six hits while striking out nine. Irvin previously was named to the NCBWA Preseason All-America Third Team as well.
(From UO Sports Media/GoDucks.com) (Photo by Kevin Cline)
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.