Good morning Ducks fans of good faith and disposition. On behalf of fishduck.com and it’s international subsidiaries, allow me to be the first to wish you a Happy New Year and a pleasing beating of them Longhorns hailin’ from the University of Texas.
The Texas Longhorns. What can be said about them that hasn’t already been said on NCAA investigations and court documents since football began? Texas was an original member of the Southwestern Conference. The SWC was so crooked that they chose this as their logo.
The Commissioner of the SWC portrayed himself as a man of high moral turpitude, leading the conference schools in pursuit of stellar academics and fair athletic play. He soon became the symbol for all that was . . . unique about the Southwestern Conference.
Eventually the house that was the SWC collapsed under the weight of the court papers filed against it.
The demise of their conference left UT/Austin to find another group to infiltrate. After a brief flirtation with Dr. Horrible’s Evil League of Evil,
Texas decided to infect the Big 12, where they have been the . . . female dogs . . . to Oklahoma ever since.
Ah, I kid the Longhorns but really, there is much to like about the University of Texas. While it doesn’t have the scenery, decent weather, cultural diversity or choice of musical fare that Eugene offers, there is one category in which the two schools are much alike. For example, we both have cheerleaders.
But just as a matter of personal taste, I like ours better.
Whatever happens in the Alamo Bowl, oops, the VALERO Alamo Bowl, two things are certain: First, it will be a hard fought game between two fine teams. Second, some of the views will be obstructed behind those big, obnoxious hats!
Can I get a Go Ducks from the congregation?
Top Picture by www.sports-logos-screensavers.com
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.