Stupid award is stupid.
Jameis Winston deserved the 2013 Heisman Trophy, without a doubt. He’s been brilliant, leading his team to an undefeated regular season as a first-year starter as one of the most accurate and efficient players in college football. His biggest adversary was an off-field incident, of which he was not charged and we will probably never know entirely about. There’s no question, the award was his.
My grievance, and why the award is dead to me, is with the rest of the field; more specifically, I take offense to a severe lack of Marcus Mariota.
Let’s take a look at the
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.