One of my Facebook friends, SuzyQClark, had a great observation the other day:
When we’re born, we know nothing about negativity or pessimism. Both are taught to us over time but it doesn’t take long before we absorb both for the remainder of our lives. Sometimes, we decide to assess, layer upon layer, some of what we’ve been taught or convinced ourselves of. What you decide to let go of is worth letting go of. Remember though, that nature has a way of replacing what gets released.
Pessimism and negativity are poisons. They are the carbon monoxide of the soul, choking out hope, faith, belief and enthusiasm. For a sports fan, listening to the sportswriters, pundits and commentators is like parking too long in a garage with the engine running.
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.