In a move that excites exactly no one, after a 9-week search in which athletic director Pat Haden made overtures to Kevin Sumlin, Nick Saban and Chris Petersen, the USC Trojans settled on Washington head coach Steve Sarkisian to replace Lane Kiffin and interim coach Ed Orgeron, who’d gone 6-2 with losses to Notre Dame and UCLA after taking over the end of September.
Offered the job of assistant head coach at a salary of over $1 million, the popular and passionate Orgeron resigned a few hours after the announcement.
Fight on, jump ship: Steve Sarkisian ditched the Washington Huskies today for the vast recruiting base and imposing tradition of USC, announced today as the Trojans new head coach after a 9-week search in which a handful of high-profile candidates passed on the job.
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.