For about 20 minutes of Chris Petersen’s introductory press conference, the new Washington head coach beamed with confidence, magnetism and charisma. He looked and sounded the part. And, if I’m a recruit on the fence, there’s a sense that this is a guy I want to play for.
He was passionate in his answers and seemed prepared to tackle any and all questions thrown at him.
Except this one: Are you going to beat Oregon?
And for the slightest tick on Monday, there was an uncomfortable shift in body language.
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.