Oregon verbal commits Morgan Mahalak and Arrion Springs capped off a week of great practice and exposure by competing in the UnderArmour All-American game Friday, broadcast nationally on ESPN. (Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports photo)
Mahalak was 6-12 passing for 40 yards, including an 18-yard touchdown to Jeff Jones. He threw another bullet to Ermon Lane that the refs ruled out of bounds, a superb throw into a tight window near the goal line:
Working against some of the best high school players in the country, Mahalak also rushed 6 times for 22 yards. He was not intercepted.
Springs had five tackles for the Nitro squad, which lost 31-21 despite a good showing by both Duck commits,
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.