Three-star defensive linemen Trey Lealaimatafao announced via Twitter this afternoon that he was decommitting from the Texas Longhorns, opening up his recruiting after wealthy boosters trashed the hiring of Louisville coach Charley Strong to replace Mack Brown (photo courtesy Army All-American Bowl.)
The 6-2, 301-lb. defensive tackle could fill a critical need for the Ducks, who graduate five defensive tackles following the Alamo Bowl, including stalwarts Taylor Hart, Wade Keliikipi and Ricky Havili-Heimuli, the biggest and most experienced defensive linemen on the team. The Ducks also say good-bye to Jared Ebert and Ryan Hagen. In all that's a brawn drain of 287, 306. 314, 275 and 294 pounds, on a team that struggled to stop the run in the second half of the year.
Lealaimatafao (pronounced Lay-Ah-Lah-EE-Mah-Tah-Fou) is big, quick, strong, and plays with a lot of desire. Playing for Warren High in San Antonio, the Army All-American was a unanimous all-district selection as a senior, recording 71 tackles from the nose tackle position. He trains hard and has molded himself into a lineman that can take on two blocks and defeat them.
His senior highlight video can be viewed HERE.
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.