Here's an interesting statistical comparison:
|Marcus Mariota, versus Stanford||20||34||250||58.8||7.35||2||0||140.0|
|Jameis Winston versus Auburn||20||35||237||57.1||6.77||2||0||132.9|
It's interesting because the numbers are nearly identical, but the perception was entirely different. Mariota's team lost in Palo Alto, and he fell completely out of the Heisman race, because he had "choked" in a big game. Winston's team won the National Championship, so he gets credit for a big comeback (Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports).
Mariota fell completely out of the Heisman race after the Stanford loss and a subsequent loss to Arizona despite playing on one leg.
Proving once again that quarterbacks get way too much credit when they win, and too much blame when they lose.
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.