Oregon head baseball coach George Horton broke two pieces of news before practice this afternoon. The first was that third baseman Scott Heineman missed last night’s 8-2 win over Portland due to a left shoulder sprain he suffered against Loyola Marymount on Sunday. Horton said Heineman is day-to-day. The second piece of news regarded pitcher Porter Clayton. Horton said the sophomore left-hander will get his first start of the season Sunday against Cal State Fullerton.
Follow Victor Flores on Twitter @vflores415
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.