The Midwest has never been known to be much of an Oregon recruiting hotbed, but fortunes may be changing as newly-minted Ducks linebacker Jimmie Swain (3-Star/Olathe, KS) is spreading the word about his new team.
Swain’s junior teammate, tight end Josh Moore (3-Star/Olathe, KS) became very familiar with the Lightning Yellow & Thunder Green after the elder Swain started his recruiting rapport with then-linebackers’ head man Don Pellum.
“Oregon is all Jimmie would talk about for a while,” said Moore. ”They are fast and I love the jerseys I see. It’s a great school and Oregon is always winning a bunch of games. That would be a big offer for me.”
At 6-foot-5, 250 lbs., Moore is as nimble as he is hard-hitting… and not just while playing defense. Thought by most to be an overwhelming offensive threat at the next level, Moore plays whistle to whistle and is an imposing target in the red zone. An official visit, especially with Swain’s presence at Oregon already solidified, is very much within the realm of possibility and could come as early as summer if communication continues.
To view Moore highlights, please click here.
With academic gradations and expected departures looming, Oregon will make the offensive line a heavy priority heading into 2015. Tackle Andre James (3-Star/Herriman, UT) and guard Tim Lynott (NR/Aurora, CO) have both expressed interest in visiting Oregon and could be on campus in the near future.
“I’ve been trying to line up (a visit) . . . to Oregon,” said the 6-foot-5, 275 lb. James.
Just down the trench, fellow scale-tipper Lynott (6-foot-4, 290 lbs.) has the Ducks as an early favorite.
“I really like the Oregon program a lot,” said Lynott. ”I really like the offensive line coach. Oregon is definitely one of my top choices right now.”
Already off and running with a heavy need in mind, the Ducks have an early vested interest in both preps, with Lynott being a potential diamond in the rough as his prowess is just being unearthed.
For up to the minute recruiting news, please visit our friends at DUCK TERRITORY, who graciously provide FISHDUCK with in-depth analysis and player-generated material. Look for my latest recruiting update every Wednesday. WTD!!!
Top photo by Kevin Cline
Follow me on Twitter: @MarkDFlores
Be sure to like us on Facebook: FISHDUCK.COM
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.