Sssshhh . . . I’m typing this from the closet floor in an undisclosed location for the annual FishDuck.com Super Bowl party. We’re all incredibly rich from working here but what’s even better than the money, cars and models is the lavish parties that Fish throws for us several times a year. I don’t even know where I am right now. I was just told to bring a passport and zero gravity underwear.
Like all good Super Bowl parties this one has a board where you can buy squares to guess the final score of the game. Unlike most office pools, though, the winner of this one gets his own country. Last year Fish himself won, which means that he got to change the name of an existing nation.
But our favorite part of Fish’s Super Bowl party is the drinking games we play. Which led me to wonder why we should have all the fun? Feel free to play right along with us:
1. One beer for every ten times that Peyton Manning says, “Omaha.” Good Lord! No one outside of Nebraska even knew that Omaha was a city until Manning started saying it over and over again. Personally I thought it was just a word that came before “Steak.”
2. Shot of tequila every time Joe Buck says, “This is a big third down for the offense.” Isn’t it, by definition, a big third down for the defense as well?
3. Jack and Coke every time Troy Aikman says, “Marshawn Lynch is a downhill runner.” Stadium architects worked diligently to make sure that Met Life Stadium’s field is perfectly level. There is no such thing as “running downhill” on a flat field.
4. Shot with a couple of beers back every time Richard Sherman makes a tackle and woofs about it: You should be okay. He made a whole two tackles against the 49ers and has cashed in as if it was a career day.
5. Seven and Seven every time the camera lands on John Elway. Bonus margarita if it’s backed by the Soundtrack of a horse whinnying.
6. Finally, being poured into your car by the Designated Driver when the confetti falls.
Wherever you are and whatever you do tomorrow, please stay safe. The private jet you run into, when careening in a drunken stupor onto an airport tarmac, may be FishDuck’s.
Top Photo By www.flickr.com
- Managers are fascinating to me....these are people who like to organize others and get satisfaction from making things run smooth. They enjoy dealing with the mundane mistakes of associates and they find ways to communicate--and help them achieve their potential in that venture. I, Charles Fischer, of FishDuck.com do NOT have those skills and with 70 volunteers I need help from professional managers and those who wish to get experience in management. It is five hours a week to help with other volunteers. What is a curse to me, can be great fun for you! You could make a BIG impact upon the site and other Oregon fans; contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARE YOU A COACH who would like to share some of your knowledge with the fans and other coaches that come to FishDuck.com? Make an impact upon others as we all learn together this sport we all love. Consider being an advisor or guest writer on the site! Contact me at email@example.com
- Do you like to write? Want some experience sportswriting or wish to build your own article portfolio? Our articles are searched and found every day--even old ones! We have a few openings for writers who like to do the longer Featured Articles, and some slots for the Sports News Team that does shorter articles for our Oregon fan readership. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editors like to edit; they don't like to fuss around with the other stuff in running a site....they enjoy working with words and making articles better while mentoring young writers to improve their craft. Join us! A Duck who likes to edit is a Rare Bird that we value at FishDuck.com...contact me at email@example.com