Good morning, Ducks! It’s Mother’s Day weekend and FishDuck.com/momrockssohard is the place to come for Mother’s Day gift ideas. If your Mom is the Duck fan that I think she is, one of these shirts may be just the thing to make sure you get the first batch of cookies that come out of the oven. After all, your brother got all of the good stuff when you were kids.
This shirt may take her back to the days when she was in college. Not everyone was born a fan of the Ducks. Some people come to see the light in their late teens or even early twenties. Your Mom will remember the first garment that she purchased when she woke up one day and said, “Gosh, I wish I was a Duck!”
But the long-time Oregon fan-Mom knows who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. Some Moms (who are particularly formidable) take matters into their own hands to make sure that there are more of the former …
The Moms that I appreciate the most, though, are the ones that take being an Oregon fan to a frankly ridiculous level. Anything that reminds them of an arch-rival is enough to get their blood boiling. If your Mom is one of these maybe this is the Mom’s Day gift for her.
But you know that, deep down, your Mom has a heart as big as all outdoors. If she sees a kitten with a limp, she’s the first one to try to nurse it back to health. She gives generously to Jerry’s Kids, even if they’re Jerry Springer’s Kids. When your Mom sees someone that is truly struggling with a sickness, she’s first in line to try to make it better. This might be a cause that your Mom could get behind.
Your Mom is up-to date when it comes to Oregon sports but, as importantly, she knows what is what when it comes to the programs of our nearest rivals.
But when it comes right down to it, your Mom wants to know that she is special. She wants to know that you have noticed that she doesn’t just follow trends but sets them. Here is a gift to show that your Mom is ahead of the curve.
Go Ducks! Give Mom a hug for FishDuck!
[Ed. note: Be sure to order the female version of the tees. Just sayin’.]
Top photo by unitychurch.org
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.