Oregon’s push into the summer camp cycle is gaining momentum as one of the west coast’s top linebackers, Cameron Smith (4-Star/Granite Bay, CA) is slated to visit over Memorial Day weekend. The 6-foot-2, 240 lb. “Mike” defender is said to be interested in the Ducks after an offer was extended March 3.
Oregon may be set for years to come in the backfield, but that hasn’t slowed running backs coach Gary Campbell from looking to gather more riches. Vaunted speedster Micah Abernathy (3-Star/Norcross, GA) claims an Oregon offer as of last week and will instantly remind We, The Oregon Faithful, of Duck legend LaMicheal James. However, there’s another side to the coin with Abernathy. The 6-foot-1, 181 lb. prep is also a shutdown corner who does nothing short of incessantly harass the opposing offense’s number one receiver.
For up to the minute recruiting news, please visit our friends at DUCK TERRITORY, who graciously provide FISHDUCK with in-depth analysis and player-generated material. Look for my latest recruiting update every Wednesday. WTD!!!
Main photo by Kevin Cline
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.