Did you hear the news? Due to the flap over the Washington Redskins’ moniker and the onrush of political correctness everywhere, all major college programs are going to be assigned new fight songs. No longer will the U-Dub band be allowed to play “Tequila.” Washington State won’t be able to play “Fight, Fight, Fight, for Washington State.” OSU won’t be able to play their, um, fight song.
FishDuck.com, in secret negotiations with people who chose to remain anonymous,
received advance notification of the music that has been chosen for the northwestern portion of the Pac-12 North. We at Fish Almighty don’t like change anymore than the next wildly successful multinational powerhouse. But all in all we think the NCAA did a pretty good job.
Washington State University: The NCAA is an avid reader of FishDuck.com (Well, duh). A couple of weeks ago we did a Saturday examination of WSU Head Coach Mike Leach. In that wonky football piece, we brought to light Coach Leach’s on-camera review of his Texas Tech Red Raiders and how they were beholden to “their fat little girlfriends.” The NCAA then made their musical selection.
Top photo by en.wikipedia.org
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.