This is the week that we have all been waiting for. At the end of last season the Ducks summarily ushered Mack Brown out the door with a swift kick in the rear and the parting words “Next time bring a passing game.” Since that night, Oregon fans have been looking forward to the next season to finally get here. Well, it’s here. Another year of the greatest sport ever conceived since cavemen invented football – maybe.
This wait, during the last summer months, has been a time of both renewal and refreshment. College football, Duck football if you will, is the best of the best, in terms of sports. Here are a few reasons why:
1. It Moves Faster Than Any Sport Except for Hockey and the Players Get to Keep Their Teeth
2. When Football Players Lay on the Ground It’s a Good Bet that There Is Some Pain Involved:
3. College Football Players Have Time Honored and Appropriate Ways of Congratulating Each Other
While baseball players, well … don’t.
4. College Football Games Tend to Have More Scoring then Their Professional Counterparts
5. Football Players, Not Being Prima Donna Crybabies, Don’t Mind If We Talk While They Play
6. Tennis Players Just Seem to Be Brats:
7. College Football Players Aren’t Stupidily Wealthy
8 But Probably the Best Reason Why College Football Is the Greatest Sport Has to Do With It’s Cyclical Nature
The real games start next week, boys and girls! Oregon and one Dakota or the other in what could be a preview of … the second half of Oregon and some Dakota.
Top image by flickr.com
- ARE YOU A COACH who would like to share some of your knowledge with the fans and other coaches that come to FishDuck.com? Make an impact upon others as we all learn together this sport we all love. Consider being an advisor or guest writer on the site! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you like to write? Want some experience sportswriting or wish to build your own article portfolio? Our articles are searched and found every day--even old ones! We have a few openings for writers who like to do the longer Featured Articles, and some slots for the Sports News Team that does shorter articles for our Oregon fan readership. Contact me at email@example.com
- Editors like to edit; they don't like to fuss around with the other stuff in running a site....they enjoy working with words and making articles better while mentoring young writers to improve their craft. Join us! A Duck who likes to edit is a Rare Bird that we value at FishDuck.com...contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org