It is fun to go down memory lane involving not only our beloved Ducks, but also members of the FishDuck.com team. In 2009 at Stanford–Oregon trailed as Jeremiah Masoli led a furious comeback but we came up a little short. There was a TD pass play where Masoli threw a 32 yard TD to a streaking Jeff Maehl who barely kept his foot in the back of the end zone. There was a photographer who was seen getting knocked down, and since it was replayed over and over as they reviewed the play…our own Craig Strobeck became locally famous as that photographer who knew how to “Duck.”
This is the image (right) Craig clicked as he was diving out of the way. He was shooting for the “Mighty Oregon” publication at that time (FishDuck.com did not begin until 2011) and this photo made that week’s cover of the magazine. Now he’s a trivia question! Way to go Craig!
Go to 47 minutes and 36 seconds on the video below and see Craig be a total pro and take one for the team! He takes incredible photos at Oregon home games and you will see his work on the pages of FishDuck.com every day.
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to firstname.lastname@example.org Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.