This past weekend’s 62-13 bludgeoning of South Dakota came complete with a “Quack” from one of the west coast’s top preps. Tabbed athlete Malik Lovette (4-Star/Redlands, CA/Rivals250) committed to Mark Helfrich and Co. prior to Oregon’s Saturday night romp, further stacking speed with likes of fellow commits Taj Griffin (4-Star/Powder Springs, GA/Rivals100) and Travis Waller (4-Star/Anaheim, CA/Rivals100).
News of Lovette’s commitment trickled out when prep coach Kurt Bruich announced via Twitter that the speedy jack-of-all-trades had indeed given the nod to Lightning Yellow and Thunder Green.
Lovette becomes Oregon’s 13th commitment in the 2015 class and moves the Ducks into a very favorable position as mid-cycle commitments have been a-plenty from several top skill position players. Oregon will now focus on highly-touted southeast-based runner Kirk Merritt (4-Star/Destrehan, LA/Rivals100) who will be in town on October 31st for an official visit. Stay tuned!
Connected throughout the whole of the 2015 recruiting cycle, Oregon may finally be making headway with top defensive talent Marvell Tell (4-Star/Encino, CA/Rivals100). Recently added to the visitor list for this upcoming weekend’s matchup with Michigan State, Tell will get a first-hand glimpse at what it means to suit up for defensive backs coach John Neal. A quick-to-cover safety, Tell uses a lanky 6-foot-3, 185 lb. frame to find angles on opposing ball carriers and doubles as a viable threat in the passing game when called upon. Now that an official visit has been secured, Neal will no doubt pull out all the stops for one of the country’s premier defenders.
Also in town for this week’s day of days, class of 2016 member Seth Green (4-Star/Woodbury, MN/Rivals250) will find himself in familiar surroundings as the midwest quarterback gets another look at the Oregon campus.
“(Oregon) told me I’m the first quarterback they have offered in my class,” said Green earlier this year. “That feels pretty amazing to have them think so highly of me.”
Named the leader for his LOI signature of the 6-foot-2, 210 lb. Green, Oregon could easily put the field out of reach with a resounding visit this coming Saturday. Green intends to announce his commitment next spring and play through his senior season as a solidified commit, so stay tuned!
For up-to-the-minute recruiting news, please visit our friends at DUCK TERRITORY, who graciously provide FISHDUCK with in-depth analysis and player-generated material. Look for my latest recruiting update every Wednesday. WTD!!!
Top photo by Kevin Cline
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.