So… the season is over. The hype is over. The best season in the history of all seasons thus far ever is over. It’s all so over. BUT, my friends, don’t you worry your pretty little Oregon Duck selves… I started a little countdown and there is ONLY 229 days until the 2015 season starts!! Isn’t that great?!
Countdown until the first game of the 2015 season.
I mean I know that sounds like a lot but it’s gonna be okay for so many reasons. For one, football isn’t the only sports organization the University of Oregon has! Oh no, no, no. We have basketball, we’ve got volleyball, track and field, swimming, golf, tennis, acrobatics and tumbling, softball and baseball, and lacrosse! Let’s remember that as a true Oregon Ducks fan we are fans of everything that has to do with the school not just the football team.
Now, I know that you all just read over that paragraph and didn’t comprehend it because you’re stuck on that big fat 229-day-wait for the beginning of next season I previously mentioned. It’s not as bad as it sounds. Let’s break this down:
229 days is actually 5,496 hours, there are 24 hours in a day so in one week you can knock 168 hours off! Not to mention that you should be sleeping on average 8-10 of those hours so really you only have to be awake for 14-16 of those hours. AND if you’re a full-time student you probably have about 14-18 credits at school and they always say calculate two hours of homework for every credit hour you’re taking so there’s a big chunk of your homework time that you need to be focusing on your school work rather than football! OR if you work full-time, 32+ hours a week are being spent on your employment so there’s a lot of hours to stop worrying about. If you’re a full-time student and have a full-time job then… well, this is a good little break for you to catch-up on your work without the football distraction (I can’t help you with all the other distractions, I’m still trying to figure that one out for myself).
If all those numbers are too big for you still then let’s look at it as, in 229 days there is seven months and 17 days. Smaller numbers sound better… and in seven months and 17 days there are only 32 weekends. That’s all, just 32!
And if you’re still not convinced let’s just think about all the other things we have to look forward to in those 32 weekends:
- If you sleep eight hours a night or eight hours in a day, you should have 256 hours of sleep under your belt by the time season rolls around (Dream about football season)
- The Super Bowl (February 1)
- Valentine’s Day (February 14)
- Your birthday or half birthday (July 1 for me, in case you wanted to buy me a gift I accept cash or visa gift cards or Ducks gear)
- Spring Break (in the spring) (Celebrate you being one season closer to football season starting)
- Ground Hogs Day (February 2) (who cares about a ground hog, see if Puddles has a shadow!)
- President’s Day (February 16) (Think about what life would be like if Marcus Mariota was President… the world would literally be perfect)
- Employee Appreciation Day (March 6) (Buy your boss new Ducks gear)
- St. Patrick’s Day (March 17) (Wear green or get pinched!) (So basically wear all your green Ducks gear)
- Easter (April 5-6) (Paint green and yellow easter eggs)
- Tax Day (April 15) (Shopping spree for new Ducks gear)
- SPRING FOOTBALL GAME (May 2) (103 days away)
- Cinco de Mayo (Margaritas?)
- Mothers Day (May 10) (Buy your mom new Ducks gear and appreciate her)
- Fathers Day (June 21) (Buy your dad new Ducks gear and appreciate him)
- My Birthday (July 1) (Buy me new Ducks gear?)
- *August is kind of a boring month blah blah blah* (Just buy new Ducks gear)
- FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON FINALLY 229 DAYS LATER WE ALL ALMOST DIDN’T MAKE IT BUT WE DID!!! LET’S GO DUCKS! (September 5)
It’s just 229 days guys… we can do it… right?
Top Photo by Kevin Cline
Want to have fun writing or editing articles about our Beloved Ducks? We have openings for just a few volunteer writers and editors and it is typically just 3-5 hours per week.
Learn more by clicking here.