We are hard up against the 2014 Academy Awards and this one is going to be particularly exciting. The Big Fish pulled some strings and FishDuck has been invited to appear on the red carpet for the awards.
This year’s roster of Best Picture nominees is one of the main reasons why we were selected to attend. Never have there been as many movies relevant to Oregon sports:
1) Twelve Years a Slave: The inspiring yet gruesome story of Ken Simonton, who famously said that he felt like a slave during his years in Corvallis. Since even driving through Corvallis is a bit like being whipped bloody, I can understand. But he did get an education . . . of sorts.
2) Captain Phillips: Another harrowing tale, this one about what it is like to compete in the Pac-12 when Oregon is always the better team. Tossed about on a murky sea of seemingly endless losing, opposing teams have only one way to get rid of the gnawing feeling that plagues the pits of their stomach.
3) American Hustle: A no holds barred look at whatever black magic keeps Lane Kiffin employed.
4) Dallas Buyers Club: Docudrama of how SMU helped make the Southwestern Conference the greatest collaboration in the land.
5) Her: This torn-from-the-headlines drama is about the glory years of Washington football and the grand lady that made it all possible. Starring Owen Twelve as Ty Willingham and Meryl Streep as Barbara Hedges, in the titular role of her storied career.
It should be an exciting evening celebrating the very best of the entertainment industry. Join us, won’t you?
Top image by www.mississaugalife.ca
- The best Damn Opponent analysis on the web is coming out on Thursdays. Rory Davidson is a rising star at FishDuck.com as an analyst and you will always learn something new from him every week. Kim Hastings is our legendary humor writer who will be lampooning our opponent each week on Thursdays as well. So we will honor our opponent with Rory's respectful analysis...and then Kim will punch with glee and the opposing fans will have laugh at themselves. (or get indignant) What fun! Learning football and hooting at the opposition on Thursdays!
- Want to help mentor and teach students at FishDuck.com? Be an ADVISOR to a department! We want people who are a little older to counsel associates and keep them on track. Knowledge of a dept. is not necessary and if you were in Eugene? All the better although other locations can work. If you can spare 3-5 hours a week, and enjoy working with students and like keeping things organized…then contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get experience in Media Management? Be a Managing Editor at FishDuck.com! If you can spare an hour a day to help the site stay on track, then you will be making decisions and learning skills that can help in Website or Newsroom management. A six month commitment required due to the training period, but it can help your resume as one who helping to manage over 40 writers and editors! Contact me email@example.com