1. Have You Seen the Court Design?!
As we all know, U of O’s Kilkenny Floor in Matthew Knight Arena has the number one most crazy, outlandish court in the country. Just as with nearly every other aspect of Oregon athletics, they went big on the design.
At first glance, one might question just why the court has the design it does. Here’s why. Tinker Hatfield, Nike’s Vice President for Design and Special Projects, explains, “We wanted to design the most iconic television presence possible for the University of Oregon by conjuring a highly unique basketball floor design.” Just as we’ve come to expect, University of Oregon dresses everything (even their basketball court) for success.
2. Phil Knight
What more is there to say? Phil Knight graduated from Oregon and likes to take care of his favorite school. He definitely hooked us up when it came to Matthew Knight Arena. With the anthem to the fan, the Hero Graphics, the Shroud Wall and not to mention the amazing new court, what else could the university ask for? Uncle Phil sure does love his Ducks, and his Ducks love him!
THE Oregon Duck! Puddles is the cutest, funniest, clumsiest and not to mention most entertaining mascot around. With his over-sized feet and adorable big eyes, he is a fan favorite. Oregon’s mascot is a huge part of the Matthew Knight Arena experience and adds to the spirit that is Oregon Ducks basketball. His many silly antics and crowd-pleasing dance moves make Puddles a true Oregon icon.
4. The Pit Crew
University of Oregon is well known for its insane school spirit. Nowhere is this more evident than during basketball games. The student section Pit Crew never lacks when it comes to hyping up the crowd, intimidating the other team and reminding them whose house it is. Whether the Ducks are winning or chasing, the Pit Crew is loud and proud.
5. THE DUCKS
How could I forget about what truly makes Matthew Knight Arena the best court around. Both the men’s and women’s basketball teams have had great seasons this year. With the men’s team on their way to the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, and the women’s team at 15-15, the Ducks are definitely a force to be reckoned with on the court.
With the outstanding, miraculous “fir tree” court design, Phil Knight on UO’s side, the lovable Puddles, a rambunctious Pit Crew and the very talented Ducks basketball teams, it is very clear that the University of Oregon has the best court in the country.
As we say on campus, ‘Sco Ducks!
Top photo by Kevin Cline
Volunteer Position Openings:
- Basketball Writer: Do you know the game and love to think about the upcoming season for our beloved Ducks? Write about them! It's fun doing homework on a winner!
- Assistant Football Analyst: Love college football and enjoy watching it for hours? We need associates to view games and find the techniques/teaching points we identify for them in advance. You will be recognized in publications, and could have the opportunity to move to full Analyst.
- College Football Analyst: We are looking for Coaches, or retired coaches to help create analysis videos (we do the video part) that will be viewed by thousands, and will help young football players as well as fans understand the game much better. The national recognition will help your resume' as well as make an impact upon the game we all dearly love.
- Video Specialist: We are looking for help in the Eugene/Springfield area to assist with the shooting and editing of analysis videos.
- All Positions: Send a resume' with full contact information and any writing samples you have to email@example.com Again, these are volunteer positions donating five hours a week each.