1. Have You Seen the Court Design?!
As we all know, U of O’s Kilkenny Floor in Matthew Knight Arena has the number one most crazy, outlandish court in the country. Just as with nearly every other aspect of Oregon athletics, they went big on the design.
At first glance, one might question just why the court has the design it does. Here’s why. Tinker Hatfield, Nike’s Vice President for Design and Special Projects, explains, “We wanted to design the most iconic television presence possible for the University of Oregon by conjuring a highly unique basketball floor design.” Just as we’ve come to expect, University of Oregon dresses everything (even their basketball court) for success.
2. Phil Knight
What more is there to say? Phil Knight graduated from Oregon and likes to take care of his favorite school. He definitely hooked us up when it came to Matthew Knight Arena. With the anthem to the fan, the Hero Graphics, the Shroud Wall and not to mention the amazing new court, what else could the university ask for? Uncle Phil sure does love his Ducks, and his Ducks love him!
THE Oregon Duck! Puddles is the cutest, funniest, clumsiest and not to mention most entertaining mascot around. With his over-sized feet and adorable big eyes, he is a fan favorite. Oregon’s mascot is a huge part of the Matthew Knight Arena experience and adds to the spirit that is Oregon Ducks basketball. His many silly antics and crowd-pleasing dance moves make Puddles a true Oregon icon.
4. The Pit Crew
University of Oregon is well known for its insane school spirit. Nowhere is this more evident than during basketball games. The student section Pit Crew never lacks when it comes to hyping up the crowd, intimidating the other team and reminding them whose house it is. Whether the Ducks are winning or chasing, the Pit Crew is loud and proud.
5. THE DUCKS
How could I forget about what truly makes Matthew Knight Arena the best court around. Both the men’s and women’s basketball teams have had great seasons this year. With the men’s team on their way to the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, and the women’s team at 15-15, the Ducks are definitely a force to be reckoned with on the court.
With the outstanding, miraculous “fir tree” court design, Phil Knight on UO’s side, the lovable Puddles, a rambunctious Pit Crew and the very talented Ducks basketball teams, it is very clear that the University of Oregon has the best court in the country.
As we say on campus, ‘Sco Ducks!
Top photo by Kevin Cline
- Managers are fascinating to me....these are people who like to organize others and get satisfaction from making things run smooth. They enjoy dealing with the mundane mistakes of associates and they find ways to communicate--and help them achieve their potential in that venture. I, Charles Fischer, of FishDuck.com do NOT have those skills and with 70 volunteers I need help from professional managers and those who wish to get experience in management. It is five hours a week to help with other volunteers. What is a curse to me, can be great fun for you! You could make a BIG impact upon the site and other Oregon fans; contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARE YOU A COACH who would like to share some of your knowledge with the fans and other coaches that come to FishDuck.com? Make an impact upon others as we all learn together this sport we all love. Consider being an advisor or guest writer on the site! Contact me at email@example.com
- Do you like to write? Want some experience sportswriting or wish to build your own article portfolio? Our articles are searched and found every day--even old ones! We have a few openings for writers who like to do the longer Featured Articles, and some slots for the Sports News Team that does shorter articles for our Oregon fan readership. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editors like to edit; they don't like to fuss around with the other stuff in running a site....they enjoy working with words and making articles better while mentoring young writers to improve their craft. Join us! A Duck who likes to edit is a Rare Bird that we value at FishDuck.com...contact me at email@example.com