The Ducks travel to Utah this week for a key Pac-12 match-up with the Runnin’ Utes. FishDuck.com has a great deal of respect for what Utah has accomplished since they arrived in the Pac-12. After all, their 12-20 conference record since joining the Pac-12 is exceeded only by, well, almost everyone … but good try anyway!
FishDuck.com thought it would be nice to learn a little more about the Great State of Utah in preparation for Saturday’s game.
First, a little history. Everyone knows Utah was settled by Brigham Young when he brought his band of followers West from Nauvoo, Illinois. It was Mr. Young’s intention to go to California, but he stopped just West of the Wasatch Range when he had a vision.
And so they did. Utah became home to over three million people. It became a land where family was the foundation of life.
It also became a land of the law. But here is where FishDuck.com becomes perplexed. Some of those laws turned out to be … curious. For example, actual state laws for Utah include:
1. Whale Hunting is Illegal in Utah: A whale couldn’t get within 1,000 miles of the Great Salt Lake, but I suppose it is a good thing the law is in place.
2. It is Unlawful to Perform a Rain Dance Without a Permit: Actually, this law is probably in place in Oregon as well. Because everyone knows:
3. It is Illegal to Cause a Catastrophe in the State of Utah: Uh oh.
4. It is Illegal to Have Sexual Consort with the Milkman:
But the most important law in the whole state this week is this:
5. Don’t Interrupt the Duck When He Drops 150 Push-ups on Your Behind:
Top photo by www.sportsblink.com
Have you learned more football at this website?
Do your part and contribute to the new Oregon Football Repository at FishDuck.com that we will build with enough support. It will be a gift to all Oregon fans!
Learn more by clicking here.