Ladies and gentlemen, the facts, simply stated, are these: If the Ducks win the National Championship Game next week I can …
Having been a Duck fan since the late 70’s …
… and living among mangy Huskies since 1991 …
… by golly, I deserve a national championship! But it isn’t enough that I deserve a Natty and that you do as well. FishDuck.com spared no expense to prove that not only do we deserve to win, but also that Ohio most certainly DOES NOT!
1. The first ambulance service was established in Cincinnati. It was immediately dispatched to the Gator Bowl to pick up poor Charlie Bauman.
2. Seven U.S. presidents were born in Ohio: Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, James A. Garfield, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley, William H. Taft and Warren G. Harding.
Let’s see. A drunk, a slob, a lout, a glutton, a guy who attacked the Philippines for no good reason, another glutton and the author of the Teapot Dome Scandal. Why don’t you people from Ohio just forfeit right now? This is getting embarrassing.
3. Akron is the rubber capital of the world.
4. Ohio’s state flag is a pennant design. Probably a good idea. As the home of the Indians and Reds it will be a long time before Ohioans see any other kind of pennant.
5. Charles Goodyear of Akron developed the process of vulcanizing rubber in 1839. So Chucklehead Goodyear is to blame for this.
But the biggest reason we deserve to win the National Championship Game on Monday and Ohio State doesn’t …
Go Ducks! And I mean that!
Top photo by www.public-domain-image.com
Kim Hastings is a 1984 graduate of Northwest Christian College. He cut his journalistic teeth as sports editor of a paper in his home town of Fortuna, CA, and, later as a columnist for the Longview Daily News in Longview, WA.
He saw his first Oregon game in 1977 and never missed a home game from 1981 until a bout with pneumonia cut his streak short in 1997. He was one of the proud 3200 on a bitterly cold night in Shreveport, Louisiana in 1989 for the Independence Bowl, and continues to be big supporter of Oregon sports. He is an active participant on the various Oregon Ducks messageboards as “TacomaDuck.”
Mr. FishDuck … You Simply Can’t Handle MY Opinions!
Baloney. I want all opinions here as it enables us see the full spectrum of ideas and helps us to learn from others and modify our own views as a result. In fact, this is the only Duck website where you can safely share your full-spectrum views on Oregon Sports.
If there is a problem … it is with your behaviors, and not your opinion, even if unpopular. Be polite and courteous to others and you will be reciprocated, and consequently you’ll have a tremendous experience on FishDuck.
The majority of our rules can be summarized to this: 1) be polite and respectful, 2) keep it clean for grandchildren reading, and 3) no reference to politics.