The photo above is iconic among Oregon fans as one of the hottest ever, including Amanda Pflugrad. I am waiting for the game pictures to be sent to me and popped this in … although I may leave it!
Boy … I didn’t see that game coming!
I was gravely concerned about the offense scoring enough points, and frankly had also over-estimated the skill level of the Bruins. Let’s get going on discussing the game through Saturday night and Sunday while I will have my usual Opinion-Editorial on Monday. Some areas I saw at the game that stuck in my mind…
- The passing offense was much better.
- The rushing offense is still half of what the old offense would be, but it came through late.
- Pac-12 officials are just the worst, and they will cost us a game in the future.
- The defense contributed some big plays at key moments.
- The Special Teams finally made a difference, in a much needed win.
- Herbert is better, but still muffed some easy passes on 3rd downs.
- UCLA ran between the tackles better than Oregon … and that is our forte’?
- The Bruins rescued the Ducks at big moments with dumb errors, dropped balls, etc. Other teams make mistakes too!
As you know–we have started having this new “discussion” article after each game on Saturdays and it allows us all to discuss the game through the weekend. My friends–the comments underneath articles have become very special to a number of us as I learn so much from the erudite readership of this all-volunteer site.
On days that I don’t have an article scheduled or a writer has a conflict? I’ll pop in a “Ponder-Points” article of a few paragraphs like this to get the discussion going on a topic so we can discuss as we would on a message board. But the difference is–we are the only “TROLL-FREE” Oregon website.
Remember the rules; “No insults, no belittling, no name-calling and even a backhanded compliment will be deleted as I like to play Bop-a-Mole.” If a commenter does it a second time? He or she is blacklisted, blackballed, BANNED from ever commenting again. Hence everyone now knows the rules, as we are all civilized, mature adults who are polite to one another.
Make your points, lay out your reasoning and convince us with your logic; we welcome everyone to chime in as this is a sanctuary for Oregon fan discussions!
“Oh how we love to ponder about our Beloved Ducks!”
Top Photo from Video