Spring is in the air, and you know what that means.
It means it’s time for us to take our main squeeze by the hand, stroll on down to the park, lay out a blanket, and engage in our favorite pastime.
Alright, alright, get your head out of the gutter, we’re talking about Oregon Ducks spring football!
And here are ten reasons why Oregon spring football is better than whatever it was you were thinking about:
10. Overthrown balls don’t hurt as much.
9. It’s not as humiliating to come up inches short.
8. When a player finally comes into his own, it’s not nearly as messy.
7. Autzen Stadium rules do not allow for smoking after a score.
6. Come-from-behind victories can be much more thrilling.
5. Ducks football has never, ever, had a headache.
4. Between whistles, foghorns, the marching band, and bad calls — there’s a lot of blowing going on.
3. Although there are four periods in a Ducks football game, no one has ever gotten pissed off at me because of them.
2. When a player scores, he’s not the only one who is happy about it.
1. And the No. 1 reason why Oregon spring football is better than sex: after such a long off-season, Ducks football can never come too soon!
Abbie, the FishDuck Mascot
Top Photo by Kevin Cline
These are articles where the writer just had a few, or for some reason did not want their name on it any longer–so we assigned it to “staff.” We are grateful to all the writers who contributed to the site through these articles.
Please! No Politics…NOTHING Hinted, Implied, Linked…
My friends, I’ve had to delete six comments in the past six weeks that made some political reference, hint, link or implication from both sides of the political spectrum.
I delete all equally. Please see the rules page and read the rule below…
No. 12: No Politics and Religion: I do not allow even a hint of politics or subtopics pertaining to politics; no names, no terms, no links, not even a word or any references pertaining to anything political. Any of the aforementioned could initiate a political discussion, and veering in that direction at all will cause a site meltdown in today’s acrimonious climate.
We do not allow anything negative directed at any religion, toward anyone in the LGBT community, or toward any race, gender or ethnic group. All of us in the categories above are fellow Ducks, and we want to hear all viewpoints.