Spring is in the air, and you know what that means.
It means it’s time for us to take our main squeeze by the hand, stroll on down to the park, lay out a blanket, and engage in our favorite pastime.
Alright, alright, get your head out of the gutter, we’re talking about Oregon Ducks spring football!
And here are ten reasons why Oregon spring football is better than whatever it was you were thinking about:
10. Overthrown balls don’t hurt as much.
9. It’s not as humiliating to come up inches short.
8. When a player finally comes into his own, it’s not nearly as messy.
7. Autzen Stadium rules do not allow for smoking after a score.
6. Come-from-behind victories can be much more thrilling.
5. Ducks football has never, ever, had a headache.
4. Between whistles, foghorns, the marching band, and bad calls — there’s a lot of blowing going on.
3. Although there are four periods in a Ducks football game, no one has ever gotten pissed off at me because of them.
2. When a player scores, he’s not the only one who is happy about it.
1. And the No. 1 reason why Oregon spring football is better than sex: after such a long off-season, Ducks football can never come too soon!
Abbie, the FishDuck Mascot
Top Photo by Kevin Cline
These are articles where the writer left and for some reason did not want his/her name on it any longer or went sideways of our rules–so we assigned it to “staff.” We are grateful to all the writers who contributed to the site through these articles.
The Comments Below are CLOSED, as we are moving to the OUR BELOVED DUCKS Forum!
Comments below articles are now closed as we have moved all conversation over to the free Our Beloved Ducks Forum. It has been a big success already with many more posts than what we could fit into the comments below articles.
The Our Beloved Ducks Forum is where we we discuss the article above and many more topics, as it is so much easier in a message board format over there. At the free OBD forum we will be posting Oregon Sports article links, the daily Press Releases from the Athletic Department and the news coming out every day.
Be a part of the forum and stay caught up! When you wish to post there, do know that you are protected just as you were on FishDuck. Join us on the free forum right here!
Our 33 rules at the free OBD Forum can be summarized to this: 1) be polite and respectful, 2) keep it clean, and 3) no reference of any kind to politics. Easy-peasy!
OBD Forum members….we got your back. No Trolls Allowed!